Both OIG and HIPAA offer downloadable compliance forms on their respective websites in order to help healthcare professionals develop and monitor internal adherence to the required guidelines.
But reviewing compliance requirements is not enough.
In order to maintain HIPAA and OIG compliancy, your practice must create a comprehensive plan that includes the following action steps:
- Conduct internal audits of current privacy-related procedures
- Develop and implement new compliance policie
- Designate a dedicated compliance officer on your staff
- Train your staff on HIPAA and OIG compliancy requirements
- Create systems to address offenses and any subsequent disciplinary actions that may be required
HIPAA and OIG compliancy is required by Federal Law, so it’s important that your practice prepares a thorough examination of current procedures and documents any needed adjustments by following a complete compliance plan.
To learn more about practice setup, finance, billing, insurance, coding, outsourcing…everything a health care provider need to succeed, join DoctorsBusinessNetwork.com or visit Doctors Business Channel on YouTube!